Mida Converter

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

8 July 2012 - New server and new Forum !

Author Topic: Custom Component  (Read 9111 times)

lutfuguven

• View Profile
Custom Component
« on: March 16, 2013, 05:11:27 pm »

I've a component inherited  from TLabel. I added some property my TMyLabel (Focused.Font, Pressed.Font)
How can I define these properties to Mida Custom Converter. is it automatically convert inherited properties (TLabel) ? if not How can I define my component's all properties to Mida.

MauroBotta

• Titolo
  • Administrator
  • Mida Converter - Official Forum
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Component
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 04:12:25 pm »

Hi

In the custom page of Mida you can to find two grid.

The first indicates the conversion of the classes. example, a your TMyButton ( Name vcl component ) , will have to be converted into a firemonkey TButton ( name FM component ).

The table below indicates the properties to be converted, ( Name vcl component = TMyButton )  for example: Caption To Text.

Or one of your particular property in a standard FireMonkey.

Note that the coordinate conversion ( Left / top -> x/y ) is performed automatically by Mida.

see this video for more info :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFuSe4HKoNc

Mida can not create new properties to TLabel of Fmx.

Where would you like it to be put the value of Focused.Font, Pressed.Font?

BytePlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 10:22:21 am »

Related issue:

I have a custom VCL Tbutton descendant named TCustomButton and I added a procedure FlashColor(inColor:TColor)
In FireMonkey XE4 I created an FMX Tbutton descendant named TFMXCustomButton and I added a procedure FlashColor(inColor:TColor)

While I understand that I can define the relationship between the TCustomButton and TFMXCustomButton it then appears that I have to define a relationship between EVERY property including those inherited from TButton.  In other words, I have to define TCustomButton.Caption = TFMXCustomButton.Text etc.

What i really need is to define the ancestor type so that it can pick up everything that it inherited from the ancestor so I don't have to define every single property.  As I have defined a huge number of custom control descendants this is a major issue for me... any help or workaround would be greatly appreciated!

MauroBotta

• Titolo
  • Administrator
  • Mida Converter - Official Forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 11:40:34 pm »

@ BytePlayer

We have received and responded to your email, for specific questions so I suggest you continue via email.